- a collection of favorite prayers and blessings for pregnancy
- on being both tired and strong while expecting
- connecting with Mary’s own pregnancy with Jesus
Reflections on Scripture for pregnancy:
- Psalm 139 for anxiety during pregnancy: You knit me together in my mother’s womb…
- Luke 22:19 on the physical sacrifices of pregnancy: This is my body, which is given for you…
- John 12:24-26 on the gift of self: Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it bears much fruit…
- Luke 1:26-31 on not fearing unexpected news: Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary…”
- Philippians, 1:3-4 on gratitude: I thank my God for you, and when I think of you, my prayers are always filled with joy...
Reflections on spiritual reads on pregnancy:
- Prayers for Expectant Parents
- Creating With God: The Holy Confusing Blessedness of Pregnancy
- The Blue Jay’s Dance: A Birth Year
So whether you’re announcing the big news, dealing with morning sickness, choosing a name, feeling baby’s first kicks, waiting for your child to arrive, or praying for a loved one who is expecting or laboring - there are plenty of prayers for pregnancy all over this blog.
More prayers for pregnancy will be coming in 2014, so be sure to subscribe to get the latest!